Tuesday 24 May 2016

Blast from the past


Me aged 0

In the days when cowboys ruled . I (the one on the left) have a homemade outfit whilst my cousin has a shop bought one , about sums it up. In fact thinking about it that was FELT. It was dark brown and the light colour was diarrhea brown. Looks more like the thing grandmothers wore with those frills down the front. Still the woollen Jumper goes well. Was it always winter?

 The worlds largest rabbit ? My family dont believe me when I say I had a giant rabbit . It was a canadian white. I got it becuase a women who worked with my mother at Chiltonian Biscuit factory said she had 2 rabbits that roamed about the house and garden when she was out. My mum said they aren't  the same sex are they ? Yes, replied the lady, but its Ok they are brother and sister - so I got a rabbit


Didn't catch this. It was on a scout camp near Bournemouth on a farm . Somebody caught it and we all took turns posing with it. Taken with my Brownie 127 camera. I saved up months to buy it . It was 27/6 and I got a shilling a week pocket money and I added in Birthday money . I had to wait another week to get the money for a film to put in it . Luckily my Uncle was into photography and developed the films for nothing. I dont normally wear a belt around my T shirt but I got this in the camping store and it was all beaded in Indian (Native American ) beadwork and was my pride and joy.



 Ah Schooldays. We were at the playing fields , mostly my classmates though I see some interlopers from other year so it must have been the inter house football match, Cant be though because there are several house colours on show here (I know its black and white but I know what the houses were). The light colours are yellow for saxon house , I am in red for Roman house then there is blue for norman and green for dane. I am the little one fourth from the right back row. I wonder where they are now ? Best to let the past go.



Me in my interview suit. My gran boughtit for me , taylor made at Alexenaders Taylors , now NEXT I think , note the waistcoat watchchain knitted tie and slanted pockets , with 6" double vents in the back of the jacket . Ready for the world .


Taken at work . Correspondence clerk (note dictating machine ) we even had a typing pool !! Could be a fearful place for a young lad or a distracting one .This was taken for the Queens Visit she was going to officially open the building and there were photos showing the happy staff at work . Didnt meet the queen she got sidetracked by Basingstoke council and I think the tree she planted died .


Another work photo , sort off. Men V women at football. In those far off days of inequality we (the men) were not allowed to shoot at goal past the halfway line. We were told to keep our hands high when we tackled. We had several matches like this and we lost them all. One of the girls was a ringer as her mum worked at the AA , the girl playing was a student PE Teacher and ran rings around the men. I think one of my colleagues is being wrestled to the ground having refused to give the ball back in a vain attempt to keep the score down.
I think it was in this match one of the girls raised her top so disorientating me that she went on to get a goal.
Actually looking at this again I think thats me on the ground being assualted while the PE teacher hammers another goal in. As I remember it the speactators saved several goals for the girls as well.

Fun but we never got to swop shirts.


I rented a Vauxhall Chevette !! For a day out at Longleat I think. I see I am wearing flares and rather natty shoes , must have been in an Elvis tribute band or Alvin Stardust , coo choo coo ca choo don't write songs like that anymore..
I didn't particularly want a Chevette its just what I got . I rented it because I rode bikes and didn't have a car . Rounded edges to the pictures ! That was in the days when you sent you pictures off to get them processed. They must have thought they had a job for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment