Sunday 15 May 2016

Christmas fare Stuttgart a big chip and a hot drink







I seem to be inappropriately dressed wherever I go . I got so many warnings on how cold it would be that I took warm clothing ,boots and thermal socks ready for blizzard ,hailstorm and avalanche and although it was cold I was overdressed and uncomfortably warm. 

I seem to be inappropriately dressed

I am beginning to understand why my sons blog has so little text it took 10 minutes to download these few pictures which are from when I went to a Christmas fare in Stuttgart (Dec 15) , I went to one in Basingstoke but that seems a bit like going to Disneyland France not quite the real thing. The drink is Gluhwein traditional German winter beverage to warm the cockles , very sweet, one I found was enough.The hot dogs were moorish and Giant size. Most pictures are Stuttgart some are in a medieval town the name of which I forget (there will be a lot of this its not age I have always been like it) anyway it was a medieval fare. Everybody was dressed in medieval garb and I had a go at axe throwing with the stallholder who came from Norwich.The rather bemused looking women doing an Elton John impersonation was I think trying to will us away from the barrel cum table. I stood firm and she was finally called away by her carers.

No comments:

Post a Comment