Sunday 15 May 2016

Welcome to my world

This is me , I am retiring. It has taken ages to decide whether to retire ,but I have bit the bullet . and now face the future. I have reached an age where opening a plaster is a challenge. I said to my workmates I would start a blog to record life after retirement and already I am struggling with this blog .I couldnt find it when I searched for it and then when the name came up it seemed to be to do with some court case so not a good start.I had not realised how much effort it takes to retire. It used to be you worked all your life , reached 65 and then retired with whatever pension life gave you. Never did I dream at 18 what was lying between me and retirement. Three redundancies to strat with, one brought about by Maggie Thatcher selling off Britian , one by 9/11 and one by habit. I now cant just take my pension but have to decide between what is frankly a bewildering number of options all of which are cast in stone and from which there is no re-set button , talk about pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment