Saturday 12 November 2016

Fresh Coffee made with water from a nearby stream and a nissan Prairie

Jan had this neat little gadget. It is the burner from a camping gas stove that screws straight onto the gas canister and unfolds to take a cooking utensil. I remember from my youth small camp stoves into which you screwed a gas bottle this has distilled that down into the barest minimum required . Very clever and compact.




 I knew doing a long term 'holiday' I  would need to minimize costs in accommodation and travel. Not to the extent of some hardened travelers but to some extent. I cant run to 3 months hotel bills or car hire. I intended to rent somewhere and to buy a car which I would get my son to sell when I left. I saw myself in a little house somewhere with garden kitchen etc living as a resident rather than a tourist. New Zealand in general and Wanaka in particular are expensive. I could have he didn't know me but without hesitation offered her car and would not even take some money as a thank you. When we leave it will be sold but until then she has passed up on the money she could have got. Shows a generous and fine soul and I suppose an attitude to life

So I have a free car a Nissan Prairie and in lifes many phases that's a plus.


This is a Nissan Prairie Joy. The platform is a Nissan Bluebird. Sliding rear doors and full hatch at the back 7 seats at a push and seats fold flat so you could sleep in it . If weather improves I may give it a go , cant see Sue being pleased about that so I wont tell her


It doesn't I suppose have street cred but it is one of those things in life where the more you use it the more you realise just how good it is. Plenty of room whilst being manageable does convert so you could sleep in it and bags of room with sliding doors for easy access and given that its 25 years old a lot of features including reversing siren. Would take it home and fix it up if I could. In the meantime have straightened some dents and thoroughly cleaned it. Given the life it had it is remarkmbly untouched. If I could find a place with the fixings for the internel panels I would push out the big dent in the back .

No comments:

Post a Comment